UCSC ISMA ELEctions 2018-2019
Election Rules and Eligibility:
- Applicant must have been member for at least two meetings in current academic year
- To be considered for president, you must be a member of the executive board for one academic year
- Applicant must present a short speech detailing why they believe to be a great candidate for the role they are running for
- All candidates will answer one question proposed by current officers about how they would approach a potential problem
- All votes will occur via secret ballot after candidates present their speech
- Winners will be determined via a run-off voting system, voters choosing only one candidate
- If there are two or more candidates running for a position, only two candidates with the highest votes will proceed to a second run-off votes
- In the event of only two candidates running, the decision will be made by a majority vote during the first round of votes
- After the election, winners will be determined. All winning members will receive training until and attend executive board meetings with the previous year's executive board members until they are inaugurated on the first meeting of the new academic year.
- Must be available for meetings two weeks before the academic years starts!